The holidays are here, and you’re single yet again. Everywhere you look there’s irritating holiday cheer. Your friends send you their annoying family holiday card, you wonder if human resources is judging your RSVP of one to the office holiday party, and the pressure of the New Year’s Eve midnight kiss makes you want to stay home alone and drink yourself into a stupor.
To bring cheer into the homes of single people everywhere, here are some tips and tricks that should make the holiday season bearable, put a smile on your face, and bring some joy to your world.
1) Don’t forget to work out.
This time of year can be dangerous with the delicious macaroni and cheese mom makes, so remember to get at least 60 minutes of exercise a day.
You’ll thank me later.
2) Be grateful.
Enjoy the perks of being single with no kids.
Instead spend the money on something frivolous for yourself!
3) Invite a “special” friend home for the holidays.
Remember the holiday season is about giving, so give your family an experience they’ll never forget.
See what I did there?…This will take care of the family members that constantly ask if you’re dating someone special.
4) Get creative!
Suburban moms aren’t the only ones that can make holiday gift wrapping an actual hobby.
No kids to torture? That’s what pets are for.
5) Remember your family loves you just the way you are.
So don’t be afraid to be yourself!
What a cutie-pie!
6) Embrace the joy of spending the holiday season with loved ones.
We’re all in it together, whether we like it or not!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS FELLOW SINGLES!
Latest posts by Ta-Shana Taylor (see all)
- Single over 30: Too picky or not picky enough? - February 10, 2014
- Six Tips From The Internet To Help Single People Make It Through The Holidays - December 20, 2013
- Ditch The ‘Nice Guy’ - November 22, 2013