Most of us singles fall into one of two groups: those who should try online dating, and those who shouldn’t. Check below to see which category you fall into.
Group A: Those who should try online dating:
- Have dated people they’ve met at a bar or club
- Have dated people they’ve met at cooking classes, yoga or at sporting events
- Initially connect with people based on a feeling or a vibe instead of intellectually
- Struggle with connecting deeply with others
Group B: Those who shouldn’t try online dating:
- Have dated people they met at work or school
- Have been set up on blind dates by friends and family
- Have yet to master flirting and socializing in large groups
- Struggle with being comfortable feeling sexy
Effectively it’s your dating persona: introvert or extrovert. I’m a member of Group B. I’m an extrovert in every part of my life, except dating. Then I morph into a wallflower whose blood runs cold at the thought of going out for a night on the town flirting with guys. And I’ve actually been quite successful in the online dating scene. I’ve met some great men, been on great dates, and even got one great boyfriend out of the deal.
So why would I conclude that I shouldn’t date online? Because I realized I’ve stopped growing. I’m repeating the exact same patterns that I always have. When you notice you’re stuck in a dating rut the goal should be to shake things up! I have to confess, trying something different doesn’t promise success, but it does allow you to learn things about yourself and others you didn’t know before.
After all, dating, romance and love are about getting out of your comfort zone. So take risks! You might look like a fool, but at least you’ll have funny stories to share with your friends.
If you’re a member of Group A, check out the wonderful articles below:
- 5 Rules for Writing a Stellar (and don’t forget, successful) Dating Profile
- Rules to Break On Your Online Date
If you’re a member of Group B, try some of the date ideas below:
- Five Cheap (or free) Dates for Introverts
- Lock and Key Dating Events, for more information click here.
- Speed Dating, for more information click here.
Happy dating!Header Image courtesy of Michal Marcol / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Latest posts by Ta-Shana Taylor (see all)
- Single over 30: Too picky or not picky enough? - February 10, 2014
- Six Tips From The Internet To Help Single People Make It Through The Holidays - December 20, 2013
- Ditch The ‘Nice Guy’ - November 22, 2013